Thursday, March 20, 2014

London: Tate Britian

With as many art museums as London has I figured I'd better have a look at one while I was there. Luckily, the Tate Britain was just a couple blocks away. It contains British art from 1500-present day, along with international modern art. I mostly skipped the modern art because I don't really enjoy it, and my feet hurt due to me breaking in new shoes during my visit.

I enjoyed seeing the original paintings of some of my favourite works as well as discovering new-to-me artists.


The Lady of Shalott by John Waterhouse



Mr Heatherley's Holiday: An Incident in Studio Life by Samuel Butler



Holyday by James Tissot



An Iron Forge by Joseph Wright of Derby



Still Life with a Volume of Whither's 'Emblemes' by Edward Collier



The Gleaning Field by Samuel Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment